Wednesday 26 November 2008

Daring Cardmakers

This card is for a Sam, a blogging and SBS21 friends birthday so I couldn't post it before I knew she had recieved it. The BP a is some given to me by a friend, so haven't a clue who they are by. I paper peiced Willow's chair with the same paper and watercoloured Willow . I used the cuttlebug to cut out the Sizzix swirl and the HOTP foldback template to make the flower. The sentiment is computer generated. I kept the whole card in muted colours so that Willow would 'Pop' even though she, herself is coloured in gentle colours.


Note to self: stop photographing cards at night (even though I have a daylight lamp) they lose some of their impact and look faded.

12 comments:

Tara said...

Fabulous card Heather, I love the muted colours, really eyecatching. Hmmmm, I think that flower might be next on my wishlist, is it a punch? xx

de said...

Rica, it's beautiful! Your detailing is always so intricate! I love it. I sent Sam a card as well, but I'm behind the power curve!

Maria Matter said...

Rica, this is fabulous! I love how Willow sits so perfectly in her chair! Great swirls, papers & embellies!!! What a beauty!
I know what you mean about the lighting! I always seem to finish late in the day and struggle with finding the perfect place to snap the picture. Of course I could just wait for the next day's light, but that's no fun...the next card will be started by then! :)
Blessings, Maria

Laura (Faerielore) said...

gorgeous love the swirls and the flower xxx

Annie said...

Beautiful card.

ann xxx

Powerful Search Engine said...

She looks so cosy! I love the colours you have used. I'm off to put that kettle on. Pascale :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning card!! Thanks for taking part :)

Vanessa.

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love the papers and all the fab swirls

Mandi said...

Love the soft colours of this card, great design too xx

Sam said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Heather, thank you so much for it and the stamped images you sent me as well. I love the new Magnolia images. Hoping to get some on my craft shopping trip tomorow!!
Will be in touch soon re SU.
Sam x

Kathy said...

This is so lovely, the image is fab, she looks soooo comfy!

theneon said...

This one has real flair and I love the muted colors. Martha Kay

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...