Sunday 9 November 2008

Saturday Sketchers, Basic Grey (Mellow) & Daring Cardmakers Challenges

I managed three challenges in one with this card, which is good as Basic Grey and Daring Cardmakers both wanted the dreaded glitter on their cards.
I usually just manage to glitter myself and the Chester (my cat) and he doesn't seem to care. I didn't have any glitter with me but Gesa (my son's girlfriend) said she had some at her mother's house and as we were going there to eat she suggested I 'glittered' there. It ended up all over my face and the kitchen - everyone laughed and thought it was funny, but we all know what glitter is like, I have visions of them going to work today covered with green glitter.
Eeek - how embarrasing!!
I used the Sketch Saturday layout and Basic Grey papers Mellow and glittered the flowers and leaves. I watercolour the image and highlighted it with Stickles (much more Heather-friendly) and finished off with a peel-off sentiment which again I glittered. I'm having problems with sentiments here in Germany - the only available computer is at Paul's work and I'm not sure about putting German sentiments on my cards.

13 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is beautiful and all that glittery saga was well worth it. The BG you used is one of my favourites. Hugs. Desire

Rika said...

Sweet card, love the background paper.

ikki said...

Yet another, Rica! Your choice of papers, embellishments and colouring of image work really well. You're absolutely GLITTERING! ooxx Ikki

Annie said...

Love that stamp - you always make such gorgeous cards with it. uh uh another on my wish list. Your blog should be censored AND that link you put to Elaine's blog has just cost me too - I just had to invest in some of that clip art and that led to me buying a Joanna Sheen messy rabbit to use with the clip art and it's all your fault.
lol
Ann xxx

Casi said...

That´s an absolutely beautiful card!

LG Kerstin

Tiff said...

Your music always cracks me up! LOVE those embellishments on your card and as ALWAYS your coloring rocks!!!

Tara said...

Love it Heather, especially the paper. Please keep to English sentiments though, I don't 'sprechen sie Deutcsh' too well, lol! xx

gina g said...

lovely card Heather i know what you mean about the glitter my cats get cover in it too. gina xx

Jozza said...

Stunning card. Love the image and the colour scheme is divine. Thanks for playing. x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Heather, gorgeous colours and the flower detail is fab. Debbie x

Rleen said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the glitter. Awesome job!

SueH said...

I love the colours you’ve used here Rica and the image is so sweet.
A really pretty card!

Kathy said...

Very pretty card!! Love the colors and that image is so cute!! You have colored it in beautifully!! :)Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...