Saturday 28 February 2009

Colour Create #4 - blue & brown, lace & pearls

The colours we have for you this week at Colour Create are Blue and Brown. For this week's extra option we would like you to use lace and pearls, but please remember that this is not compulsory.

We would like to welcome Kim onto the Design Team as a permanent member and look forward to seeing many more of her wonderful creations. She was asked to join us from the very start, but had to delay this for a few weeks due to other commitments.

It also gives us great pleasure to introduce this week's guest designer Lynsey, it is a real honour to have her joining us for this week's challenge.

Finally, remember that you are allowed to combine our challenge with any other you would like to take part in during the week. GOOD LUCK!!!



Oooooh! some of my favourites meant I really enjoyed this weeks challenge. I used Basic Grey Granola papers and brown bazzill bc. I made the flowers from the tutorial at Ikki's Cuttlebug Cupboard. Rather than have an image I decided to use a sentiment as the focal point of the card. I bought the gorgeous lace in Manchester last weekend and love it that much I now have about 3" left - why didn't I buy more - grrrrrrrrr.........
Materials
BC - brown bazzill : BP - Basic Grey Granola : Cuttlebug - Nestie label dies : Leone Em branch & stamen punches : Pears - SU : Rest from stash


22 comments:

Dawn said...

Siiiigh! - Beautiful!!
I have had lace mishaps like that and kick myself often!!!!


Dawn
xx

Tab said...

oooh this is one delish card, heather! Love the lace and the flowers, just perfect!
Hugs Tab xxx

Karen said...

STUNNING !!!! Love those flowers.

Love Karen xxx

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow this is simply stunning dear I so love the simplicity of just having the verse and that lace and beautiful flowers are just delish. Awesome indeed my dear
Hugs Jacqui x

America said...

WOW Heather! THIS IS GORGEOUS. Love all the details and Beautiful color combo - it's MY FAV! Oh, and those pearls with that lace are perfectly put together with those flowers you made! :) AWESOME WORK!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is stunning Heather. I can see why that lace has been used up so quickly, it it gorgeous. Your flowers are amazing and The sentiment is beautiful. Fantastic work.
Sharon xx

Moni said...

waw it is beautiful, love the colours combo! And love the details! hugs, Moni

Georgia said...

Hi Heather,
Thanks for entering my blog candy! I love your Colour Create card, the sentiment is lovely. My mum's birthday is on 17th March.
Love, Georgia xxxx

Barbara said...

So beautiful! I love the vintage lace and flowers. They make this look very romantic.

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fabulous card, love how you have opted for a sentiment other than an image and the flowers are just gorgeous.
Lyndsey xx

Mina said...

Beautiful card team mate...I never thought in a million years I would be saying that to you lol xxx

Bev said...

There's those gorgeous flowers again!! Fabbie card sweetie

maxine said...

wow fantastic

Julie said...

Another simply beautiful card

Cami said...

Absolutely beautiful card! Love the sentiment and all the pretty flowers and the lace. So vintage, so pretty! Great job!

Tara said...

I love this card, the sentiment says it all really! Fab choice of papers too and yes you should have bought more of that yummy lace, lol! xx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Love the tones you have used and the sentiment and the flowers beautiful Heather!!! Hugs Pascale :)

Chris said...

Absolutely beautiful Heather! I love that you made the sentiment the focal point and the lace is stunning, I could kick myself for so many times buying to little of things. You'll get a bigger amount next time I'm sure. Stunning card. Chris xxx

Christine said...

Another wow for those yummy flowers just love this colour combo.

Christine xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous! Love the papers, and that's a fab quote!
Helen x

Tasha said...

Wow this is sensational its so beautiful
love tasha xx

gina g said...

wow this is beautiful Heather loving the flowers. luv gina xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...