Sunday 10 May 2009

Colour Create #15 Blue & Green

As you already know, Juliet is our Guest Designer for May and has created another stunning card for you. Well, I'm delighted to tell you that she has been asked to join our team permanently and has accepted the invitation. Welcome Juliet, we're so pleased to have you on board ;o)


This week it was my turn to host the challenge and I chose blue and green as the colour combination and paper piecing as the option. I hope you like the choice of colours and more than anything have fun making your creations. Please remember paper piecing is only an option. Check out the other DT's cards - I love the amazing creations they have come up with for my colour choice.

Here is your colour combination then:



**********************
**********

I chose the Whiff of Joy 'Confirmand Melinda' for my image this week. I stamped her three times - on white, the green/blue patterned and 0n blue. I cut her dress from the green/blue and bolero from the blue. I did actually try it the other way around - blue dress and headband with a patterned bolero but think it looks better this way around for this card. The basic cardstock is SU and papers are various downloads. I made the flower - the base is an actual fabric flower, the next layers are cut with the EK Success Retro flower punch and the center cut with a small balloon punch. I edged the petals with blue ink and 'furled' them in different directions. The sentiment is by Personal Impressions and stamped in the same blue ink as the edge of the flowers.


Materials
BC - SU : BP - dowloads by Katy Pertiet's Winter Break (Sweet Shoppe ) & Shabby Princess's Signature Colletction : WOJ image 'Confirmand Melinda' : Distress inks : Punches - EK Success Retro flowers and Leone Em Ash branch : Rest from stash

27 comments:

Pia said...

wow wow what a beautiful card, love the colours and image you have used. Have a nice week.
hugs Pia

Jo Nevill said...

Oh wow, this is stunning Heather. I love your paper piecing (I like it that way round too !) and your papers are gorgeous. Fantastic job on the flower too ! Who would have thought about using a balloon punch for petals - not me ! Thank's for a fabby colour combo this week.

Have a great week,

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Joy said...

Wow! this card loks amazing I love the colours and how you've very cleverly made your flower, a truly gorgeous card xx

Bev said...

WOW!! Beautiful card sweetie, such wonderful detail and fabulous choice of papers! Love the big flower too x

June Houck said...

This card is so sweet, pretty, and fresh looking. Soft and feminine. I love everything you make!

Karen said...

Aaaaawww thats soooo sweet. Gorjus !

Love Karen xxx

Danielle said...

This is so beautiful Heather - your colours are so delicate and I love how you paper pieced her dress - just gorgeous! That flower is definitely 'wow'!!
Hugs, Danielle

Just Tracys Crafts said...

Beautiful Card Heather.

Tracyx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Heather. Love the WOJ image and the beautiful colouring. The flower is gorgeous also. Hugs Michele x

Larissa said...

Stunning card Heather! So gorgeous! The paper piecing is perfect and wow that flower......so amazing!
Hugs,
Larissa

Cathy said...

Stunning Heather. the paper piecing is fabulous and I love all the details.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Moni said...

Waw and you made one perfect card, love the colours and the image is so lovely! Love the details and the paper is so gorgeous! fab layout! Hope you are having fab day! hugs, moni

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card. Love the image and the papers are beautiful. Had to join your challenge this time.
Hugs Anesha

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fabulous card, I love the colour combo and the paper piecing looks great. Love that flower it looks gorgeous.
Lyndsey xx

Christine Phillips said...

Beautiful card Heather, love your choice of dress colour, very dainty. Can you tell approx what size card blank you used. I am new to card making, & think I go wrong because I am never sure what size to make.
Christine

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Your card is absolutely stunning Heather. The flower is amazing! I love the delicate shades and papers you used. Thaks for giving us such a gorgeous colour combo to work with.
Sharon xx

Tab said...

oooh this is fab, sweetie! Gorge image, so pretty, and your choice of colours this week are awesome, thanks I really enjoyed the challenge! I adore you flower too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Chris said...

Fantastic card Heather! Your WOJ image is so sweet and so beautifully coloured. Love the soft blues and greens, so freshand pretty. Thanks for the great challenge, I loved this one. Hugs, Chris xxx

Riet said...

Ohhh Wowwww Heather,what a beautiful card,l love the image and papers.
So beautiful colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Torico said...

Another stunning work,Heather!Love the gorgeous flower you made.

torico XX

Marcea said...

wow, completely stunning card!! I really must try paper piecing more often, what incredible results you have achieved
-x-

Sue said...

wow Heather a stunning card hun, she is beautiful, that flower is gorgeous, scrummy papers, sue.x

Tova said...

what a lovely card !

Simone said...

What a superb card, Heather!!! So gorgeous!
Simone

gina g said...

Hi Heather this is stunning . luv gina xx

Christine said...

Stunning card Heather love it.

Christine xx

Juliet said...

Thanks for the welcome Heather! That flower is just amazing - beautiful card!!! Just love your work.
Juliet xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...