Friday 21 August 2009

Stampavie & More

This is my effort for Stampavie & More whose challenge this week is "Buttons, blue and brown". The papers are a download from Designs by Krista called Sundance. I think I shall be relying on downloaded papers quite a bit as my stock of 12"x12" patterned papers got left in England and were too heavy to post. The Sarah Kay image 'My Sweet Lil' is coloured with Copics using the watercolour technique to keep it soft and light. I didn't want a brown bear so decided Lil would have to have a Polar bear for this card.
She is cut and matted using the Spellbinders curved rectanges then matted again onto cream cs the edges of which are cut with the EKSuccess Scalloped diamond punch. I struggled with buttons - the blues weren't the right shade, the browns were too large and dominant so I resorted to using clear ones. although they didn't show up very well on the cream so I cut three little flowers with the small Woodware cherry blossom punch and sat them on these. The flower is from Papirloftet and the leaves cut with a Woodware punch.


Stamps - Sarah Kaye 'my Sweet Lil'
Papers - Sundance from designs by Krista
Tools - Spellbinders curved rectangles : EKSuccess Scalloped diamond border punch
Woodware cherry blossom and leaf punches : Copic markers
Embellishments - Flower - Papirloftet : rest from stash

17 comments:

Moni said...

Hi Heather, so fab card, love the colour combo and the image is so sweet! Great details and the papers are fab!! Have a fab weekend! Hugs, moni

Karen said...

Aaaaawwww she's soooo cute. I love those papers and those gorjus little flowers too.

Love Karen x

Tracy said...

What a really cute card, I love the papers and colours, and your colouring is beautiful.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Cards By MI said...

What a wonderful card you have created. The colours are stunning. Love it to bits!
Marie xx

Sandie said...

Fantastic card Heather!! Wonderful colouring on your image and the papers are divine!!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Heather. I love those buttons and the papers are beautiful!! I haven't inked this stamp up for ages, but she looks so pretty I might let her out play this weekend!
Have a great weekend,
hugs
Cathy xx

Sandra1968 said...

A great card and beautiful colouring of the image.

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Heather and a wonderful combo!
Clairexx

June Houck said...

This is really sweet! Not just the image, but the soft hues of blue and the three little flowers...precious, Heather :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Heather,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Tara said...

Very sweet card Heather and that flower is just stunning!!
Parcel is on its way ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Pia said...

woooow Heather,what a wonderful card you have created, love it!!!
hugs Pia

a portland granny said...

That is a totally adorable card. I love the shading of the blues and the other colors blend so nicely together!!

Thanks for sharing!

gina g said...

Gorgeous card Heather love the sweet image and the papers and colour combo are fab. luv gina xx

Anne H. said...

Your card is gorgeous!
I love the image - wonderful coloring, great take on the theme.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne -:)

Bec said...

WOW.. Simply Stunning.. I love it..Bec xx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely crad!!!
The backgroundpaper is so great!!!!
And your whole card is absolut gorgeous!!

Thanks for joining us at stampavie and more.

Hugs Ivi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...