Monday 4 January 2010

House Mouse DT - On the Beach

Firstly I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas and I'd like to wish you all the Happiest of New Years - may it be filled with plenty of love, joy and laughter.

Last year, for me was extremely difficult but now 'the party's over' all visiting done, all visitors gone, the major work on my apartment done and I really hope to settle into a peaceful, tranquil time with lots of crafting and blogging. Apart from two boxes all my crafting stuff is now sorted and I'm really looking forward to entering lot's of challenges - something I've not been able to do since the beginning of December. I've spent today washing, ironing, cleaning, re-organising and making a snagging list of jobs still to be done - (all minor and hopefully tackling steadily one by one) now the rest of the week should be clear - whoohoo!!


My first DT card of the year is for House Mouse (oh how I love my mousies) and a theme that was chosen my the lovely Mary who also sent me the image. Although it is a beach scene, it still doesn't look like a hot summer's day - a result of being born and brought up in Britain I think - we are not familiar with hot steamy summer days on the beach (lol).



I just love this image and colouring it (in Copics) was an absolute joy. The backing paper is from my 'bit box' - label cut off as usual (doh!!) and I used the MS punch at both top and bottom and the white is embossed with the divine swirls folder, the corners are cut with the EK Success corner punch and the ribbon  and star pearls are from stash. That middle pearl would not do as it was supposed to and as you can see kept sliding off center, due I think to the fact I had it sat on an uneven embossed bit  - it is now firmly attached in the right position.  This is such a lousy photograph - apologies - the charm, partially hidden by the bow is a gorgeous little umbrella and beach chair.

It still snowing here - although not today - too cold (apparently the temperature is going to drop to minus 14 again for most of this week - eeek!!!) so I'm now going to have a hot bath, get into my snugglies and curl up and watch a little TV. German TV - I have a box and a dish and can get Russia, Kurdistan, Poland, Tunisia, Spain, Denmark to name but a few - practically every country in the world actually except - yes you've got it British - still my German is improving quicker than it would have done.


24 comments:

cheryl said...

wow this is totally gojus hun love that image and the layout is just brilliant hugs cheryl xxxxx

Moni said...

Hi my dear Heather! Happy New Year, wish you to be this year fab for you! The card is stunning and image is so cute, great colouring as always! Love all details!
It is snowing here in Slovenia today, they say it will continue tomorrow. Dont love snow! :(
Have a nice and quiet evening! Hugs,moni

Cathy said...

Happy New Year Heather and glad you had a good one.
What a gorgeosu card .. I have not seen that fabby image before.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Christine said...

Hi Heather amazing image & colouring..thought we might end up using the same image...LOL beautifully coloured & this bow is certanly a wowzer love it..weather not much better in the UK sick of snow now..

Hugs teamie Christine xx

Danni said...

What a delightful card!! Such wonderful coloring and that bow is divine!!

Debbie said...

This is so stinking cute. Your coloring is just perfect, and I love love love the blues. It also reminds me of the sandpippers that I see running and out with the tide.

gina g said...

Hiya Heather This is so sweet i love the sweet image i love the grin on the mouses face lol,love the beautiful bow too. A Happy New Year to you Heather. luv gina xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Heather :-) very cute image ,, ( aren't hey all !!! ) :-) everything is just lovely :-)

Happy New Year :-) hope you settle into your new life well ,,, and make lots of new friends :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Leigh said...

Your card looks great Heather. Love your colouring and the charm embellishment.

Sandie said...

Wonderful card Heather!! I'm just worried that poor house mouse is gonna be picked off like a sitting duck, lol.

Sue said...

Happy New Year Heather,
totally gorgeous card what a superfun image, coloured perfect, luv the ribbon n bow, sat & coloured my image in last nite, sue.x

Sandra1968 said...

Happy New Year!
And you've made a great card and indeed, the HM stamps are lovely.

Riet said...

Ohhh Heather,what a beautiful card,i love your image and papers.

I wish you a very happy new year.
Hugs Riet.xx

Georgia said...

Wow, beautiful card Heather! That image is so adorable and he looks very happy tucked up in there! :)
The punch effect is great and I love the little gems and gorgeous ribbon. Glad things are starting to settle down for you now, that's great to hear! :)
Love, Georgia xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable, wonderful colours too.
luv
Debby

June Houck said...

You rock those House Mouse images.

I am impressed that you are picking up a new language so quickly...no easy task.

Mina said...

Happy New Year Heather, hope its a brilliant one for you....bbbbrrrr it sounds cold there you poor thing...beautiful card and I just love that image
Mina xxx

America said...

Happy New Year Dear Heather!

Your coloring is amazing and this card is super gorgeous with its detail and these colors combined with your fantastic coloring!!! GREAT Beach CARD! :)

p.s. I really LOVED your big suprise for me. THANK YU SO MUCH!!!!!

Joey said...

Hiya Heather hun

oh bless you I do hope you can sort something with your tv soon, I think it would drive me slightly mad having to listen to every other language but my own everytime I turnt the box on.

Your card is beautiful, I love the colours you have complimented this image with

Stay safe in that brrrrrrr weather.

Joey.xxx

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Curt in Indy said...

This is seriously gorgeous! That bow is stunning with the charms hanging from it and the colors are so perfect! Coloring is awesome! Gorgeous work! Best, Curt

Danielle said...

Wow Heather, this is gorgeous! The stamp is stunning and your colouring is just amazing on it! The big blue silk ribbon is yummy as are all your other details!
Wishing you a wonderful year too - I hope it brings you much peace & happiness!
Hugs, Danielle

Little K Smith said...

Hi Heather
Gorgeous card, gorgeous colouring, gorgeous ribbon!
Take care.
Kelly.x

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful! I love how the colors you chose are so soothing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...