Saturday 29 May 2010

Basic Grey DT - A sketch

We have a fabulous sketch by the lovely Martine at Basic Grey this week, which she has left bare so that you have a choice in where to put your embellishments.


The prize, from our one and only sponsor the fabulous Simons Says  is a $25 voucher to spend in the store.



I couldn't make my mind up which image to use for this one,  first I tried this, then that, stamped a few - no - nothing floated my boat so I dispensed of an image altogether and chose a quote as my main focal point. Right, which quote should I use, gosh there are so many. The one I really like was too long so I opted for this simple little one. I used Basic Grey's Obscure papers, a pad I've had for ages and never touched before. The quote is printed on a patterned vellum as are the flowers which are cut with Woodware Cherry blossom punches.  The butterfly is a Marianne creatables cutting stencil, cut twice with the top layer again in vellum, the leaves are coloured by inking through a skeleton leaf and cut by hand. There is a liberal use of stickles, which you can actually see for a change. 

Hope you all have a fabulous Bank Holiday weekend.

Photobucket

14 comments:

Moni said...

O so gorgeous card, I love the butterfly. Fab colour combo! Hope you are having fab weekend! Hugs,MOni

scrapperjulia said...

Gosh, this is so gorgeous, Heather! Love the leaves, butterflies, colors and saying, very beautiful card!

Marja Sch said...

Oh my what a wonderful card. So many wonderful details. Hugs Marja

Georgia said...

Wow Heather, what an absolutely beautiful card! I love the striking colours and glitter and that butterfly looks stunning, I LOVE it! Have a great weekend. :) Love, Georgia xx

Sandra said...

Good morning Heather!
Wooow, your card is fantastic, love it.
Hugs and kisses Paula

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, fully of lovely details and love the colour. Anesha

Simone said...

Great choice to use this sentiment! Your card looks so gorgeous!!! Great papers and a fab colour combination!
Simone

Riet said...

Ohhhh wowww Heather,What a beautiful card,i love your papers and the colours.
So gorgeous details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Crissy Armstrong said...

To say the very least, this is jaw- dropping STUNNING! What more is there to say!?

RachelH said...

Amazing butterfly!

Marion said...

Oh wow Heather. This is absolutely stunning. The butterfly is delicious. Great colourway.
Marion

Sandra1968 said...

A beautiful card and gorgeous vellum you've used.

Anthea said...

Heather, this is a beautiful card! I love the colours and your butterfly.
Anthea xo.

Chris said...

I love this card so much Heather, it makes such a lovely change to not use an image doesn't it and your butterfly and design are so gorgeous. Hugs, Chris xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...