Sunday 30 May 2010

Clean and Simple

Whoo-hoo - I love the clean, uncluttered look but am totally useless at it normally - I've actually managed to make one that I really like. I found a sketch at the Clean and Simples Stamping challenge that I liked and decided to have a go. I think I shall do this challenge each week until I become 'good' at it. Think how much easier life will be when it gets to Christmas with dozens and dozens of cards still to be made.






I took a piece of plain white cardstock and embossed it top and bottom with a Provo craft Organic flourish embossing folder, scored two lines above the lower and beneath the upper to separate the middle portion. I cut two butterflies with the Marianne creatable stencil, one in blue and the upper one in blue patterned vellum. I added pearls to the body and then attached it to the ribbon and finally stamped a WOJ sentiment. I mounted the whole onto blue card onto the white. Not only clean and simple but quick and easy, although I did move things round a little as you can see.


Well it's a miserable day here, dark and raining but at least it's dampened down the pollen so my hay fever isn't as bad - I've felt pretty bleurrghh all week.   I have fields outside and the farmer cut his grass last week but hopefully won't be doing that again for a while.  It would be good if he planted some potatoes or asparagus (this is the area for them) then I could pop out in the darkness with my little bag - NO - wouldn't dare - I'd get caught.


Photobucket

21 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, very elegant! Anesha

Sandra said...

Woooow,
Wunderschön, Heather!
ich wünsche dir einen schönen Sonntag.
Hugs Paula

Lorraine said...

this is stunning i love how elegant it is and the butterfly is gorgeous xx

Christine said...

Hi Heather am loving this simple elegant style stunning flourishes..love it.

Hugs Christine xx

Anonymous said...

it looks very nice!
hugs Elma

Cathy said...

Simply stunning Heather. Gorgeous flourishes and fab butterfly, very CAS :)
Hugs
Cathy xx

Beth S said...

Love how you've embossed this card. Beautifully done.

Paula (PEP) said...

This is wonderful & thank you so much for introducing me to that challenge blog - ever since the Sugar Nellie SCS forum had a CAS challenge I've wanted to do more but not really understood the parameters - this helps enormously. I love what you have done & your interpretation. I thoroughly look forward to more. Glad your hayfever is better - miserable I know only too well........
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

ikki said...

Hi Heather, and so you should be very pleased with your card - IT'S Fab!! ikki x

Sol said...

This is so Beautiful! I love the dry embossing and the Butterfly is gorgeous!

cheryl said...

OMG hun no wonder I come over here to see your cards but boy this one is utterly beautiful its just so elegant,and so beautifully designed,oh really love this hun brilliant,gosh you are such an inspiration hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxxx

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Heather,What a BEAUTIFUL card,so chique.

Hugs Riet.xx

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Heather, I'll have to check out that challenge blog.

Little K Smith said...

Beautiful card, so simple and elegant. I've got this butterfly and love it. Beautiful embossing too.
Kelly.x

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Heather and it's definitely a style I would like to try more; thanks for the link.

Martine said...

this is gorgeous sweetie, you are a natural at the CAS look, love this card, sooo elegant :)


take care sweetie

xx
Martine

Selma said...

This is so gorgeous. Love the blue and white.

Moni said...

Love it, butterlfy is so cute! Hugs;;moni

Chrissie said...

This is another stunner, a real beauty... your treatment of that die looks amazing!
Chrissie

Sandra1968 said...

A beautiful card and I love the embossing.

America said...

wow-pure elegance. LOVE the simplicity of your details that makes this so gorgeous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...