Saturday 12 June 2010

Basic Grey DT

We have a Colour Combo at Basic Grey this week chosen by little me. Idiot little me who then struggled to find any turquoise/aqua papers - eeeek!!  I love this colour so much I used them all up but fortunately managed to find the remains of an odd piece of 12"x12" cs called Patchouli from the Romany range. 




I decided I'm fed up with square cards  (fed up with everything this week - fed up with myself truth be known) - anyway I used the Spellbinders Curved rectangles for the base of my card and the various layers. The cream layer I've embossed with the Provocraft Textile folder.  Tilda in Tulle skirt is coloured with Copics, her petticoats and hair bows glittered with Stardust Stickles and sat on some ribbon from stash (I remembered not to have her levitating this time) .I used elements from the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Floral Accents to decorate and finished with flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and leaves cut with a  CarlaCraft punch. I just wish my brown didn't look so blackish in the photohgraph.

We have a fabulous $25 gift voucher from the one and only Simon Says Stamp so I hope you like my colour choice and that you join us this week at Basic Grey - I look forward to see what you create with it.


hugs all

Photobucket

11 comments:

Sandie said...

Hi Heather!! LOVE the card, great choice of colours too. Hope to get to play along with this challenge :)

Sorry you're so fed up :( Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sandie
xXx

Sandra1968 said...

A beautiful card and a great colour combination!
And I hope you'll feel better soon.
Hugs, Sandra

Danielle said...

Fab choice of colours Heather - love them! And your card is just beautiful! Love your colouring of Tilda and the nesties curved rectangles for your shaped card. I hope you feel better soon! :)
Hugs, Danielle

Riet said...

So beautiful card Heather,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the flowers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Barbara said...

Well, my dear Heather, I NEVER get tired of seeing your gorgeous creations! This one is definitely another stunner! Great use of the colors and your coloring is amazing as always.

Hugs,
Barb

Moni said...

Hi my dear friend, fab card, love the colour combo and Tilda is so cute. FAb coloured and so love all details! Love your new blog look! Hope you are having fab time this weekend! Hugs,moni

Sue said...

lol Heather
whay you like woman, gorgeus card, luv the framing, beautiful emebelis. Will await ya mal hun, if i dont reply tell me some of my mail isnt' getting through? Shazza mailed to say candy arrived i didn't get it! sue,x

stampqueen said...

Now, now give yourself a break - we are all a masterwork in progress!! Mike didn't paint the chapel overnight ya know.....
Very adorable card!!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

Wilma said...

Perhaps i should just steer well clear of you this week - sounds like you are going from bad t worse. Not your crafting though, between your ooopses and upsets and falling out with life in general you churn out a decent card LOL LOL!! Mind the language now Heather!! ;)xx

Julie said...

lovely card Heather, I like the different shape.

Georgia said...

Ooh wow! Absolutely gorgeous card Heather! The papers are sooo pretty and I really love your fabulous colouring and embellishments! :) Love, Georgia xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...