Saturday 27 November 2010

For this fortnights Challenge at Basic Grey we would like you to use the following Recipe :)

4 Different Types of Embellishments
(You can have as many of each type as you wish, as long as there are 4 different kinds, for example Ribbon, Pearls, Flowers, Charms etc etc)

3 Different Patterned Papers
(You can have as many plain matting papers as you wish, just as long as there are 3 patterned papers)

1-2 Images and/or 1-2 Sentiments
(You can choose to have up to 2 in either of these, or even both if you wish)

Don't forget though, to be eligible to win the fab prize for this challenge you MUST use at least one item from BasicGrey somewhere on your creation, it would also be helpful if you could state on your post what that item is, makes it easier for us you see :)


I decided to use this beautiful image be Ellusive Images which I coloured with Copics. I'm not very good at putting multi-patterned papers together so took absolutely ages sorting out my layout, once done I then discovered my image to be far larger than I'd thought and had to re-arrange the layout - derr..........
The panel at the left is cut with a Tim Holtz alteration die and is in the BG paper Dasher, the check on the bottom layer is Infuse and the stripe is Dasher and the plain is Figgy Pudding.
My embellishements are the ribbon, the charm, the leaves and the flower (Can't for the life in me remember where I put my poinsettias - NB - must stop tidying up and re-arranging my stash!!!) I don't like the gold leaves and will ease them off and replace them with - I don't know - perhaps green ones.
The sentiment is from the LOTV set, cut with nesties and edged with gold Stickles.
I know my photograph is crooked but the image looks crooked to me, in fact the church looks a little like the leaning tower of Pisa - shall have to try and put that right as well - this will probably take me longer than it did to make the card LOL.


Hope you all have a brilliant weekend and enjoy the snow if you have it.

Photobucket

16 comments:

Sandra1968 said...

Your card is gorgeous and the image is beautiful!
Have a nice weekend,
Sandra

Victoria said...

gorgeous card x

G Peplow said...

Hi MC, Wow! brilliant card, you're always so hard on yourself, this card is gorgeous, enjoy!
Rather a lot of rules for this one not sure my addled brain can cope with it all he!he!he!.
Have a wonderful weekend:0) xx

Paula (PEP) said...

You have me in stitches with your humourous candidness - thing is I do KNOW......& it is fatal to tidy.......Stay warm as it must be very cold where you are. I actually have this stamp set - it's a joy but haven't had time to play about yet, but I love what you have done with it.
Paula (PEP)

Jo Nevill said...

Good morning my lovely friend !

What a fabulous card ! Just love your image which is so beautifully coloured and love the papers you have put with it. I always struggle with putting papers together too so you are not alone !

Take care and keep warm !

Hugs,

Jo xxxx

Renkata said...

Well Heather you have done an amazing card. The layout an the DP are just sensational.
The image is wow, breath taken.

Christine said...

Hi Heather what a gorgeous rich colour combo awesome papers stunning image love it..

smiles Christine xx

Moni said...

Hi hun, stunning card as always, fab colours and lovely image. Have a nice rest of the day. Hugs,Moni

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
tis ok i tilted me head so tis straight to me! lol
totally gorgeous card, fabulous scene & colouring,lovely papers & embelies, sue,x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Heather,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Fleur said...

Oh Heather this beautiful, what an absolute gorgeous image & gorgeous colouring
Hugz Fleur xXx

cheryl said...

oh wow hun simply amazing gosh love that image and the way you have colured it really brings it to life,hugs cheryl xxxxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Heather, love it.
luv
Debby

Becky said...

This is gorgeous.

Jami said...

Heather - this is so gorgeous! I love your coloring, especially that tree! And the little gold leaves are so yummy!!!

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous! Your coloring of the image is perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...